Mental Health First Aid Workshop
Why might your organisation benefit from mental health first aid training?:
For many years, the impact of physical illness and injury has been widely studied and understood as a cause of lost productivity and revenue within a business or organisation. However, in the UK alone, mental ill health is responsible for 91 million working days lost every year; with stress, anxiety and depression being the biggest cause of absence in our society.
The Centre for Mental Health recently updated their 10 year figures to show that mental health problems in the UK workforce cost employers approximately £36 billion last year.
- £10.6 billion in sickness absence;
- £21.2 billion in reduced productivity at work, or ‘presenteeism’
- £3.1 billion in replacing staff who leave their jobs because of their mental health.
Independent research recently concluded that mental health first aid training can reduce these associated costs by as much as 30% per year.
Our 1 Day Workshop is aimed at both management and team-leader level staff, as well as any mental health ambassadors within your organisation. The purpose of the course is to define the role of a mental health first aider, and provide them with the tools and knowledge to identify, understand and provide appropriate support for employees who might be challenged by a varied number of mental health crises.
Our bespoke workshop combines an effective combination of theorised learning with breakouts and coaching exercises to empower your mental health first aiders the moment that they leave the course. Every student will receive a certificate upon completion that will last for three years.
- What is mental health first aid?
- The role of a mental health first aider
- Relationship between work, mental health and wellbeing
- What is stress?
- Challenging stigma and discrimination
- Understanding the symptoms of different mental health challenges:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Early warning signs and triggers of mental health
- Applying mental health first aid
- Helpful ways of dealing with stress
- Supporting with a plan
- Looking after yourself: personal wellbeing strategies
- Coaching exercises and breakouts
£1,000 + VAT for up to 10 attendees at your premises
or £130.00 + VAT per person to attend one of our open workshops.
Duration: 1 Day
Location: The Farmers, 200 Broadway, Yaxley, Peterborough, PE7 3NT